Friday, April 13, 2007

The Chamber of Secrets


After a quick small fight with mom, I stormed into the bedroom bashing the door just to show that I was angry with things around. I was so restless that I needed to keep myself occupied by all means, a good diversion to ease and cool myself. My IPOD comforted my ears and occupied 50% of my think tank. But my eyes were still displeased. Just then I spotted this book “Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets” on my bed. Being a person who never reads books just for the fun of reading, I hesitated to pick up the book (to give some work to my eyes). Heard lots about Harry Potter, but never has its fantasy fancied me. But today just to keep me occupied and with the attitude of checking “WAT BIG STUFF DID PEOPLE FIND IN IT” I started READING!

Hardly covered two pages but even before that I could find myself peacefully settled in my bed. That was a magical turn around...Oops Potter fans know that the M word is a restricted one. But I’m not Harry though M makes me go Mad ;-) The time I spent this night reading two chapters of the book has been one of the few moments which made me feel good about myself. Though I wasn’t much carried away by the Harry Potter stuff, I certainly enjoyed the ‘feel good’ feel which reading a book can give me. The books usually I read are quite heavy with its contents for example “The Constitution of India”. But books meant for reading and just for reading alone, the pleasure of it is distinct. Music and book is a pretty good combination. I feel they can make up for my ideal before bedtime partners. I don’t say I have fallen in love with reading habit overnight, but certainly this is a sign of a good start. The starting point of the journey to explore the chamber of secrets (books).

Sometime back someone told me, “If I were to die in a freak road accident, ensure that you reach my mobile to my mom and my books to my cousin sister” and I was quick to reserve my share for books as I could foresee myself turning a voracious reader soon. It’s not yet time for both to happen ;-))

3 comments:

Nivi said...

good write up :-)

Bala said...

Thnks Nivi :-)

Girl of Destiny said...

Welcome to our club, Muggle!