Friday, November 03, 2006

The Leave Letter

Respected Madam,

My daughter S.Kavya studying in your class (III STD ‘C’ section), could not attend classes on 30-10-2006 and 31-10-2006 as she was suffering from high fever and vomiting. I request you to kindly consider her absence as leave.

Yours faithfully,
Sivakumar.K


Kavya is taking leave for the first time. She is the only student in that school to get 100% attendance certificates every year right from her K.G classes. She has been such a bright student and teacher’s favorite kid that her class teacher called to enquire about her health. I’m very proud about my daughter. I didn’t study well. I will be a driver for my entire lifetime. I know nothing but driving. But Kavya is not like me. She is too smart. She is so much interested with school and studies. I will do anything to aid her financially and morally with her studies. Her school fee is more than what I earn for 4 months. But that doesn’t matter. She wants to be in that school and I’m here as her father to make that happen. One day she will come up in life our pappa.

Pappa is how my dad’s driver addresses my sister. There was no trace of tears in his eyes when he recited the above to me while I was writing the leave letter for his daughter. But his voice conveyed the emotions. I realize what it takes to be a father. I can also feel how my parents would have dreamt about me and my sister when we were kids.
KIDS are always kids for parents. As kids (grown up & growing) lets make their dreams come true.

Blog dedicated to all Parents and KIDs.

:-)




6 comments:

Anonymous said...

true..its very true..
we are always a kid to them...
making their dreams come true...isn feasible always..but is our responsiblity also in a way..
Aysh

Girl of Destiny said...

Touching piece of blog!
But I dint understand this one part "One day she will come up in life our pappa.Pappa is how my dad’s driver addresses my sister."

?

Bala said...

I should revise my blog before i post it.. my mistake :-/
It should ve been "One day she will come up in life like our pappa.Pappa is how my dad’s driver addresses my sister."
Are u able to understand now ?

Girl of Destiny said...

yea....now I get it!

Thiru said...

Realy touching da..

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.