Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Love at first sight !

Jus gone thru 3 pages and im already exhausted..This is wat happens whenever i take a book..be it a novel, fiction, biography, or EVEN a text book !

Im bad, really bad in reading.. Boredom struck me so hard dat one fine day i ran out of all leisure activities dat used to entertain me..Eating, sleeping and Dreamin had

become my routine dat time..Dat day i sat with a mystery novel by "ALFRED HITCHCOCK"..a very small book..hardly 150 pages..As i was reading thru it my spine went

straight ! So much suspense ! After sometime i started feeling sleepy n dats it..thr ends the story. I had covered jus 25-30 pages..this is my interest towards books...never

touched the book again..

But my intuition always used to warn me.. see one fine day u ll turn a voracious reader !

Impossible was the reply i had for my sixth sense.. Still my intuition was strong enough to convince me dat i ll indeed become a voracious reader..

Being a person who respects n acts by his instincts..i accepted the views of my sixth sense !

For a guy who runs at the sight of a book, to turn into a redaer who loves reading..this is no simple task.. For this to happen, the first book i will read has to be AWE INSPIRING !

But where when and how will i identify such a book ! A book dat is inspiring, somethin which will kindle my spirit for reading, an instrument which will pull me into reading habit !

Dan Brown's Da vinci Code ! the best seller of all ages..the book which broke many records n created controversies ! Even this din help me out ! first 12 chapters and i threw the book.. but then my intuition grew so strong dat i started looking out for dat "good book" which will do the magic..

One special person tells me.."How can u be my Kinda person when u r not reading books !!!" Where do i keep my face now ! She was a voracious reader..i say "she was" because she doesn find time for them now..still she manages time for books !

My intuition knocking my doors..my heart urging me to impress (not a false impression) my special one as i had promised her..

ALL ROADS LEAD TO "BOOKS"

But im yet to find my KINDA book..

One fine sunday evening after a busy day, a relaxed meeting with my close friend.. most unexpectedly we start talking about books and he shows me his latest collection of books.. And he tempts me by saying dat he got a book and he has been thinking about me ever since he bought it... He also adds up sayin dat i ll take away the book if he shows it to me ..Suspense n suprise about a book ! someone says this books is jus for me and hides it from me ! I can create Suspense environment around me but seldom can bear when its woven around me.. Finally like Rajni introduction scene, my friend takes out the book.. " LOVE at First Sight " this happened to me not jus wit dat girl, but also with this book. The Title of the book itself impressed me.. Sunday night 1 hr and and monday night 2 hrs, the book is over.. I cant believe i completed a 300 page book in 3 hrs !

Im pleased with myself, im satisfied dat my intuitive powers ve predicted the rite happenning..Yes im inclined towards books now..not all dat is available, but the ones im searchin for..the ones which match my taste..the ones which make me ADMIRE and the ones which will interest me to go for the next one !

The book which i jus read might not interest u as it did me..tastes differ from person to person u see..But i felt i ll share it with u all as this is the first book i ve ever read fully right from the title in its cover page to the reviews in its back cover !

And i kno its injustice if i don mention the name of the book even after so much boasting !

Manual of the WARRIOR OF LIGHT by Paulo Coelho..so long i was talkin about this one.. ;->

4 comments:

Nivi said...

Wow man... u have made it finally!!
The sign of accomplishing ur long time dream is shown all over ur writings... :)

Now that u have made it, u have become "her kinda person".

Bala said...

thnks nivi :-)

doin somethin for our special ones is always gonna be special n will make both feel special !

Girl of Destiny said...

You've almost written a booklet about a book!
But nice that you're into a good habit now!
The more books you read, the more tuned your writing will become.
You're on the path to goodness now :) Wish you all luck!
So what does the special person say now that ur becoming her kinda person? :)

Bala said...

thnks mathi for wishing me LUCK ;->
I had promised HER atleast a book in july.. now i ve identified 3 more books.. i haven told her about this till now..