Thursday, June 22, 2006

WHO AM I

WHO AM I?

Angry Gentleman!

Does that sound like an oxymoron?

May be. But can an angry man ever be gentle?

Why not! If a gentleman can get angry why not accept an angry Gentleman!

And full marks to Angry Young Gentlemen, without them Abdul Kalam's Vision 2020 will remain a dream forever!

Well let me try defining a gentleman/angry man/ and an angry gentleman!

A gentleman is gentle. He always wants people address him as gentle and he will always act gentle and never react. But the time he started acting gentle, he loses his identity and individuality.

I’m not a gentleman. I don’t want to be one too!

Angry man. He is full of vigor, his name means fire! He never acts but always reacts.
He can’t face rejection. He can’t take excuses. He can’t bear pain. He is reflexive. Beware! He might harm you by words and action. He is true only to himself. He is not a bad guy, but we brand him bad. Poor fellow actually becomes bad in his run to prove his stand to us that he isn’t bad.

Am I an angry man? No I don think so. Sometimes I may look like one if not to you at least to someone somewhere. If so, I need to break that image. If not with the person who says that I’m a angry man, but to myself.


Angry young gentleman! He is my man. Your man. The complete man. He is young. He is full of strength, energy and power. He doesn’t act still he is gentle. His temper may be bad but he doesn’t react. No he is not numb. But then who is he? He is the only who GENTLY REACTS WITHOUT ACTING.

He is not swami vivekanada’s re-incarnation. But the modern KARNA who is generous, brave and benevolent. His survival is tough in this big bad world. Yet his youth and anger will keep him moving. His gentleness will win him friends.

Am I the Angry young Gentleman?

I wont say yes. But I’m grooming myself to be one.


The woods are lovely dark and deep,
I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep.
And miles to go before I sleep.

Live this way when it comes to the self.

Heel the world.
Make a better place.
For you and for me and for the entire human race.

Live this way for the people around.

This is a simple (in words) yet an effective (when put in action) suggestion from this upcoming ANGRY YOUNG GENTLEMAN :->


5 comments:

Thiru said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Thiru said...

Strong woeds.. yet I like it.. :->

Girl of Destiny said...

Pretty slick writing bala!
Is this blog a "gentle reaction" ? It sounds very intense. I have a feeling that you're answering someone.
I enjoyed reading it. Good work!

Bala said...

hmmmm answering someone ? i din try do dat.. infact i wanted to avoid such a perception creeping into my reader's mind.. still if dat feel persists..then, "WE R ANSWERABLE TO SOMEONE AT ALL STAGES"

Nivi said...

A really different blog.. and interesting too...