Sunday, June 04, 2006

Saturday the 3rd of June

Goofy says


The mobile is ringing beneath my pillow. All I know is that it is early morning and Saturday. I have no idea of who is calling still I attend the call. “ Its an ABEND and you got to be at office ASAP” this is what I heard and the person at the other end asks me the time I will reach office. I’m not able to open my eyes even to check the time. And here comes mom to my help. I can hear her prompting the time “its 6:40”. I know I can’t make it, still I say that I will be there at office at 7:30 sharp. Gathering all my strength I somehow managed to get up and push myself to brushing zone and there I am ready to start at 7:30. Many a times I have seen Dad getting calls like this in the early hours and then he rushes to office. His profession was that way. But do I really need to do this being in the so-called “IT INDUSTRY”??? This was what I was thinking while I rode my way to office. The ABEND fixing this time was indeed a good learning experience but at the cost of my precious Saturday morning nap. Oh my god I had my tea at around 7 am but its already 10 and I have no hopes of having my breakfast today. Times keeps running and so is my bio-clock. Its 11:30 and still tummy is empty. Reading my sad situation as Bad luck, one of my smart and kindhearted friend consoles me saying “ another half an hour and its lunch time man!” good friend Na? Finally the ABEND is fixed and I start back home. I know I’m riding faster than usual, but what to do I’m hungry for food and the lost sleep. Lunch has never been so special except for Non-veg. But today the usual Sambhar sadham and curd rice with potato chips makes feel like heaven! Pasi koduma!
Immediately after lunch I snuggle into my bed. Sleeping beauty!

A bright evening starts with me going to the shower for the first time for the day followed by a visit to Mr. God’s place. Poor god unable to help me with my problems became dull. Its Saturday evening, the right time to spend to quality time with my friend. Then nice dinner at one of my family friend’s house (mom went there when I was sleeping in the afternoon). Its 9:30 PM and I start my bike along with mom. Usually when mom is at my back seat I ride slowly (nalla pullanu per vangathan). As I started the bike I could feel a sudden change in weather. Cool breeze and traces of raindrops here and there. So “its gonna be a nice ride” this is what I thought. But I never knew that a small adventure was in stock for me. I would have covered hardly a km on road when the gentle breeze started to show its fiery face. I have seen this only in movies. Whirlpool style wind, the sweet little leaves and kuppai’s of chennai city flying from one side of the road to the other. The wind got stronger and stronger and I found it extremely hard to keep my vehicle under my control. To add up to my woe there comes Mr. Rain. The wind and the rain together were so strong that I could hardly see anything on road. Have you ever experienced a hundred needles pricking Ur face and body? I felt it today. The wind and rain were so strong that when I was riding over the flyover, my mom got tensed seeing one of the Ad boards falling over the bridge. She asked to stop somewhere. Where do I stop? Road a kannukku theriyala! Then finally managed to stop in a nearby petrol station. Rain seemed to slow down and we started our journey again. But again it started, this time showing its very angry face. We thought of stopping again, but both of us felt that this will worsen but will not stop. So we continued. From now on till we reached home I had good exercise for my mind. I was thinking of writing this blog, praying that my bike shouldn’t stop in rain as I saw quite few two-wheelers out of order due to the rains. My concentration was on the road too as it was very slippery. I had to bear with the needle pricking effect of rain too (it was indeed very painful). At one point, the situation worsened so bad that I asked my mom to close her eyes. As it comes in movies I saw bikes, which came along skidding one after the other, thanks to the rain-wind combination. Very adventurous ride it though a dangerous one too. Dunno why I never felt like stopping in the middle. Even my mom din insist on that. The lonely, shade less, dark by-pass road we took for the travel may be the reason too. On reaching home my mom said “though it was very different experience today, please don’t attempt it again”.
But I’m sure I won her confidence today that I’m a better driver. Now the time is 3:30 am. Its Sunday morning, the first Sunday of June. I tried hard sleeping but in vain. Finally landed up typing this blog. If you had patiently read the entire blog, I salute you. Cos I know it nothing but junk out here. Still I never feel like writing blogs unless when I go too crazy as I am today. Until I turn “too” crazy again, its good ye from me. I stressed on the word TOO cos im always crazy and only at times go “too” crazy :->

Note: I haven given spell check, grammar check or at least read thru once. So kindly ignore all errors if any !

1 comment:

Nivi said...

hey nice try........ woth reading