Saturday, May 05, 2007

Life is a LESSON..LEARN it

Time as he grows old teaches him many lessons. I learnt that this is true. When you see things shown in movies happen to you, what else do you do but believe that movie is nothing but a replica of life. But let’s exempt dream duet sequences alone! The last few months have been great learning experiences. Learning life! Met different characters, observed many changes, went through new experiences, had good time learning, realized that I got lots and lots more to learn. All these learning’s need to be revised, revisited, cherished, relished and recorded. (What if I lose my memory?)
;-)

Top Cop:

Speeding auto, a cop chasing it and jumping into it, big blows to the driver and the driver falls out of the auto. The auto stops after hitting at a sand heap… I wasn’t describing a stunt sequence of a movie, this is what I saw when I was a kid at the police colony where I grew up. (Memory loss and to me? Nay no way I suppose). Real hero that cop was. I do believe in some chasing scenes of movies as I have seen such things in person. I have seen this cop at home in plainclothes. He was so much a police personality that he didn’t even know few channel names on TV. This was some 10 yrs back. Now when I was at his home to invite him to my sister’s marriage, I was shocked to see him update his wife about the programs on various TV channels precisely with timings. He was a cop before, now retired. This has brought the BIG change in him.

I learnt a lesson- Plan your life after retirement




Habits make a MAN:



After much thinking, many ifs and buts, mom decided to go there to inform him of my sister’s marriage. Not a good area for ladies to travel, still she decided to go there as I was with her. Parking the car beneath a tree, mom said “u can wait in the car if u r not interested in coming…I will be back in 2 minutes” But myself and sister decided to go with her. When we peeped inside the hut like structure (supposed to be a house), what we saw was very painful. A man nearing his 60’s was drinking liquor. Seeing my mom he hurriedly closed the doors and came out, ashamed with his action, he asked my mom to erase from her memory whatever she just saw. The way he spoke to us, I understood, he was really an extraordinarily talented person spoilt to the core, thanks to his addiction to bad habits. He is supposed to be a close relative of us :-|

I learnt a lesson- Never give room for bad habits



Togetherness means a lot:

The train gently starts moving. The girl standing in the footboard waves good bye her cousins at the station. Tears roll down her cheeks, she is not wiping it cos she doesn’t want to disturb herself biding bye. A familiar scene in many Hindi movies (I’ve seen only lovers doing this in Tamil movies), But I saw it live when my cousin sister did this to me! One week of togetherness, total fun, and lots of love, affection and care were responsible for those tears. We know we will meet again not in the near future.


I learnt a lesson- It is painful to say bye to loved ones


No Tears, yet U cried:

I had a bet or rather a strong word with many that I won’t be crying, there won’t be any trace of tears when I say good bye after leaving my sister at her new home with new set of relations . It’s a virtual good bye to a sweet, tender relationship. I won the bet, but couldn’t claim for it. People had observed that I din cry; also I had my trademark mile wide smile even when my sister was busy wiping tears but what my eyes managed to hide was revealed by my foot which dint dare to take the front foot to leave the place.
No tears still I cried… people were quick to observe this.



I learnt a lesson- U don’t cry, that doesn’t mean U don’t feel the pain





Pray for me Brother:

2nd May 2007, Wednesday, 9:30 Am… The road is jam packed with vehicles trying to enter the marriage hall so is the hall inside. The wedding rituals are yet to begin but the hall was already exceeding its capacity. Unknowingly I start to pray. God How are u gonna manage this? Still my eyes looking for more people to come in for whom I was waiting for; also looking for people whom I dint want to turn up. End of the day, all things bright and beautiful, prayers answered. Happy about the way things shaped out…

I learnt a lesson- Prayers are always answered…
                                                           but not every time the answer is YES



Many more to recall and write out but still in order to give due preference and priority to the above instances I will have to stop here.


I learnt a lesson- Preferential treatment is BAD!



Do not give priority to the person who considers u as a choice!




7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Learn your lesson or teach someone a lesson... two aspects... both covered excellently in the experiences put down. Nice try to deviate from the general course of writing. - Gabby

Bala said...

Miss Gabby,
U got it right wat i tried doing !
How come u took the right way this time !??

Anonymous said...

Romba pesadha...
I take it right every time, its u who does not agree with my understanding!

Bala said...

Ya i don agree..cos u don take it the right way.. !!

Nivi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nivi said...

tht was a different way of jotting down ur feelings.... very nice indeed

Bala said...

Hey thnks nivi..
U always give very positive comments !
Chance a illa.. :))